Saturday, May 18, 2013

Our Great Story: The first entry



This post is a bit unusual because I have been feeling that keeping records is becoming more and more important in these last days, so that my children may know my feelings about family and my dear husband. This is why I am beginning to write a journal, but more like a small book (for now) about my life with Daniel so my children will realize the importance of Heavenly Father's plan. I have a great love for the Gospel and I am grateful for the way being raised with the truth has influenced my life. I am grateful for eternal families and I am excited to be with those I love forever. This is why I feel the need to begin writing. The journal or small book I have chose to write is called Our Great Story.

Here is the entry:

 


So…I have decided after reading a quote by C.S. Lewis that I should write the story of my journey with my husband because our story is so important to me and it will go on forever. My memories fade so quickly that I am afraid that I will lose those precious moments from the earlier stages of our relationship; luckily Daniel’s memory is a bit more long-lasting. This being said, the quote says 

“Now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story no one on earth has ever read, which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.”
Let me explain my thoughts as I read that beautiful quote. I often tell Daniel that I feel like my life started the moment I said yes across the alter in the Seattle Washington Temple 2.5 years ago on a wet cold December day, shortly after Christmas. Though I knew then that marriage and family is held most dear to Heavenly Father’s Plan of Salvation, I didn’t quite understand how important. I know that I will never understand in this Earthly world—the love our Father has for us is never-ending and glorious. That’s the kind of love I know I will have for Daniel one day, but at this time we are still little flightless birds waiting to flap our wings and leave our Earthly world to start our eternal life together with our gorgeous children. Until we have fully and successfully experienced what our spiritual Father and Mother have, we will never understand the true extent of what love is meant to be. So my temple marriage to Daniel was the beginning of my new life and this Earthly life we will share together is only chapter one of our Great Story with infinite chapters until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment